For each visitor to the Web site, DealTaker's servers automatically collect information about which pages are visited and the domain name of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for Web site traffic audits. DealTaker also provides this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to advertisers. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of the information, DealTaker has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected on the Web site.
DealTaker may, in the course of providing services through the Web site, ask you to disclose voluntarily certain information about yourself. This could include information that identifies you or your household. Any information in DealTaker's possession solely as a result of your use of the Web site and that is associated with you or your household is considered "Personal Information." It consists of both information supplied by you (e.g. name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and information collected about how you use the Web site (e.g., the fact that you have bought merchandise through the Web site). Personal Information does not include statistical data about large numbers of users, none of whom are identifiable, nor does it include information that you have posted for public view on the Web site or otherwise publicly disclosed.
You can access all your Personal Information collected on the Web site by checking your user account profile. DealTaker will use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You will be able to correct factual errors in your Personal Information by sending DealTaker a request that credibly shows the error. To protect your privacy and security, DealTaker will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your account information.
Like many other commercial sites, the Web site may utilize an electronic file called a web beacon to count users who have visited a page or recognize users by accessing certain cookies. The Web site and/or the web sites of advertisers and merchants with which DealTaker has a relationship may use web beacons (a) for auditing purposes and to collect information from the web sites of certain advertisers or merchants; (b) to report anonymous individual and/or aggregate information about users from such advertisers or merchants. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with such advertisers or merchants. You may choose to opt-out by contacting DealTaker in accordance with the information set forth at the bottom of this policy.
DealTaker uses Personal Information only for purposes necessary to provide the Web site and other products and services to you. These purposes are:
- to process requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants
- to perform such normal business operations as billing, collecting and accounting
- to personalize and publicize the Web site based on your interests, including making you aware of editorial features, advertisements and commercial items
- to investigate complaints and to protect the Web site and DealTaker, its readers and employees as provided by law or in case of emergency, as determined by legal counsel for DealTaker
Except as necessary to process your requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site, DealTaker does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing Personal Information for use by any outside company. DealTaker may transfer Personal Information if the company or one of its business units is acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company. DealTaker also respects the privacy of data on your personal computer and does not access, read, upload or store data contained in or derived from your private files without your authorization.
Opt Out Procedures
If you register for e-mail notifications through the Web site, you are agreeing to receive such e-mail notifications from DealTaker.
You always may opt out of receiving future mailings or other information from DealTaker. If the mailing does not have an e-mail cancellation form, you may change your e-mail subscription preferences by logging into your user account on the Web site. You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com detailing the type of information that you no longer desire to receive.
The Web site is not directed to children. DealTaker will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from any users of the Web site under the age of 13 absent consent from a parent or legal guardian. The following additional terms, conditions and notices apply to use of the Web site by children under the age of 13 years whenever DealTaker becomes aware that a user is in that age range:
- Prior to collecting any Personal Information about a child under 13, DealTaker makes reasonable efforts to obtain consent from the child's parent after informing the parent about the types of information DealTaker will collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed. DealTaker will not knowingly allow users under 13 years of age may to submit or post information on the Web site without the consent of the user's parent or legal guardian.
- Although DealTaker will apply these children's terms and conditions whenever it becomes aware that a user who submits Personal Information is less than 13 years old, no method is foolproof. DealTaker strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
- "Personal information" collected from children may include any of the information defined above as "Personal Information" with respect to general users of the Web site and may be used by DealTaker for the same purposes. Except as necessary to process a child's requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site, DealTaker does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing a child's Personal Information for use by any outside company.
- If a child enters a game, contest or other activity sponsored by DealTaker on the Web site, the child may be required by DealTaker to provide the minimum Personal Information reasonably necessary for the child to participate in such activity.
- A child's parent or legal guardian may request DealTaker to provide a description of the Personal Information that DealTaker has collected from the child, as well as instruct DealTaker to cease further use, maintenance and collection of Personal Information from the child.
- If a child voluntarily discloses his or her name, e-mail address or other personally-identifying information on chat areas, bulletin boards or other forums or public posting areas, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Web site, or your dealings with DealTaker, you may contact us at: